There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical

The "Worst " company to practice as a Therapist!

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at Select Medical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Corp benefits are decent but have to wait 90 days.

Cons

They could care less about quality care or bringing in physicians to refer!
All management cares about are units of service! They want you to see 3-4 patients per hour and bill many units over 4 per treatment.
They want young new grads to pay less to. Managers never show any appreciation of staff.

The know they are a crap company. They do not care.

reviews filtered by

Pharmacy

I have been working at Select Medical

Pros

Great interdisciplinary team work. I don't have much else but have to write at least 20 words to post.

Cons

Everything from micromanagement to risky patient care because bottom line is more important. Greed greed greed. Owe-full company. I still work there part time, but only for the co-workers.

Don't want to give advice because i really don't care to help them improve.

Disappointing, absolutely no communication between management and no follow up on policies, only care about bottom line

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Greenville, SC

I worked at Select Medical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a job, interesting patient cases, however many circumstances not safe for patients

Cons

Understaffed!!! Patient care suffers because of this! We have 6:1 ratio of patients to nurses, this is with many patients having high risk airways, on vents and unstable. We never have enough CNA's and patients are always complaining that they can't get anyone to come to their room when needed. They only care about the bottom line.

Management is unseen on night shift, unless of course you do something "wrong" (which half the time is only because they don't voice the policies to our shift and then get upset when we don't know about them). It would be nice to be told thanks for picking up a million shifts so this place can stay open or thanks for going that extra mile, but no it's always a negative encounter.

Our HR department knows absolutely nothing about policies when it come to human resources related stuff. I have been told many times " I don't know " by HR. I thought it was their job to know.

We have such a high turnover rate, in the last 6 months four of the five people we have hired have already quit. Many people stay long enough to get experience and then leave.

Bottom line, keep your license and be appreciated as a hard worker and work somewhere else!!

Take a moment to thank your employees and get to know your employees that work third shift. Follow through on your policies and see that they are being followed by everyone and make sure you communicate those policies to EVERYONE so that we can all be on the same page!
    HR- brush up on the companies policies that you work for, so that when employees come to you for information you can give it to them.
    Give us more staff so that we can safely care for these patients!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical