Select Medical

www.selectmedical.com
  www.selectmedical.com
There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical

Thinking of Working for Select?

Former Employee - COTA/L
Former Employee - COTA/L

I worked at Select Medical

Pros

The pros of working for Select are the benefits. They aren’t too bad compared to other companies. If you work enough minutes of therapy a month, you can cash in points … I always got the Starbucks cards so I could sell them on eBay. I know.. what’s a coffee card, right? But hey, it’s better than nothing. Their 401K match was reasonable; the health insurance wasn’t too shabby as the deductible was quite reasonable. (I’m paying $3500/year deduction now w/another company).

Cons

The downside to working for Select? The minutes. God, it was awful. 480 minutes in an 8 hr. day and me and 1 other therapists would have to work close to 800 minutes day in 8 hours. True, Select was good with overtime and I worked every Saturday at time and a half if I wanted it. Since I’m single, I didn’t mind but others might. I’d still be with Select if the nursing home I worked at didn’t lose the contract which forced me to look elsewhere. Another downside is that Select is soooo big (they are out of PA), it’s hard to find somebody to answer a question sometimes but the personnel at headquarters seemed n ice and would try to find that one person who could address my concerns. When I first started, they tried to snow me into thinking they couldn’t afford to pay me much. Don’t let them do that to you. They can afford it, trust me.

It’ll be interesting to see what you are going to do with the new Medicare changes come fall. You can't expect your therapists to provide quality thearpy to 20 people at a time and not think that the gravy train will end eventually.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Select Medical (View Most Recent)

Good place for IT work

I worked at Select Medical

Pros

Management very supportive
    Direct manager did not micro manage and allowed me to grow and self manage for the most part.
    Encouraged to voice my opinion in most matters

Cons

only way to go up was to work at corporate office.
    sometimes tough to get the upgrades that were needed for new PCs.

Encourage more training to tech employees. The basics are good to have, but it also pays to learn some specialized knowledge.

Not the best place to work.

I have been working at Select Medical

Pros

They pay better than other places.

Cons

They treat their staff like crap.

Fire the current management they are doing a terrible job.

There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical