Select Medical
www.selectmedical.com Mechanicsburg, PA 5000+ Employees

Thinking of Working for Select?

COTA/L (Former Employee)

ProsThe pros of working for Select are the benefits. They aren’t too bad compared to other companies. If you work enough minutes of therapy a month, you can cash in points … I always got the Starbucks cards so I could sell them on eBay. I know.. what’s a coffee card, right? But hey, it’s better than nothing. Their 401K match was reasonable; the health insurance wasn’t too shabby as the deductible was quite reasonable. (I’m paying $3500/year deduction now w/another company).

ConsThe downside to working for Select? The minutes. God, it was awful. 480 minutes in an 8 hr. day and me and 1 other therapists would have to work close to 800 minutes day in 8 hours. True, Select was good with overtime and I worked every Saturday at time and a half if I wanted it. Since I’m single, I didn’t mind but others might. I’d still be with Select if the nursing home I worked at didn’t lose the contract which forced me to look elsewhere. Another downside is that Select is soooo big (they are out of PA), it’s hard to find somebody to answer a question sometimes but the personnel at headquarters seemed n ice and would try to find that one person who could address my concerns. When I first started, they tried to snow me into thinking they couldn’t afford to pay me much. Don’t let them do that to you. They can afford it, trust me.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt’ll be interesting to see what you are going to do with the new Medicare changes come fall. You can't expect your therapists to provide quality thearpy to 20 people at a time and not think that the gravy train will end eventually.

Not the best place to work.

I have been working at Select Medical

Pros: They pay better than other places. Cons: They treat their staff like crap. Advice to Senior Management: Fire the current management they are doing a terrible job. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place for IT work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Select Medical

Pros: Management very supportive Direct manager did not micro manage and allowed me to grow… Cons: only way to go up was to work at corporate office. sometimes… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage more training to tech employees. The basics are good… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Select Medical.

Worked for Select Medical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Select Medical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Select Medical CEO Robert A. Ortenzio. All reviews posted anonymously by Select Medical employees.