Select Medical

www.selectmedical.com
There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical

Keep Looking for a better Opportunity!!!!

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Mechanicsville, PA
Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Mechanicsville, PA

I worked at Select Medical

Pros

If you want to move up in the company, they will push you in that direction. career advacement is good.

Cons

Horrible PTO; for any major state paid holidays the time OFF is coming though the employee paid time off....benefits sucked..paid thru the nose. Also pay is really lousy...they give you the economy lecture but it is all lies....Company make over 2b & employees are put in projects after projects & are overworked but the company can only offer you $11 /hr....My Advice ...KEEP LOOKING!!!!!

Your employees put themselves out for you...If you want them to stay at Select & be with Select for a long time appreciate them with better incentives, better pay, benefits etc.

113 Other Employee Reviews for Select Medical (View Most Recent)

Only work here if it is the only option

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Select Medical

Pros

They pay you for your time. I like the patients that we get.

Cons

Everything. The list is extensive. Be prepared to see things at Regency of Greenville you have never seen at other hospitals. Yes, management is that bad. Be prepared to be threatened every day. Don't let your family come to this facility. Ridiculously profit based. Have the staff but will not adequately fill shifts and tell the employees "to do the best they can." Get ready to be called off a lot , then not get any PTO because of it. Currentlypaying new grad RNs more than the people training them. Horrible place to work with people displaying miserable attitudes.

Should have fired the whole deceitful lot when Select took over, now they just cling to whatever power they have left and tell you that you will be fired if you complain about them. Currently the goal seems that they are trying to figure out exactly how bad you can treat people in the current economic climate and get away with it.

Select is truly a team attitude promoting employer.

Current Employee - Senior Physical Therapist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Physical Therapist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Select Medical

Pros

Great upper management with open door policy. You feel noticed and appreciated from the co-workers, other disciplines, case managers all the way to the top. I have had tremendous health problems affecting my ability sto work. They care and are working with me in many ways. They still acknowledge me as an excellent therapist and asset to the company. They do a tremendous job of orientating and working new employees into the facility and feeling like part of the team. Departments and employees from other disciplines work as a team for the support of the patients and families, from keeping the rooms looking neat to cleaning up "messes," to being there when a patient has complications. I actually feel loved and cared about which sounds corny but true. I have a fantastic department director and as she said to me one day when I was struggling with a personal problem, "work is a safe place for you."

Cons

They could have a better PTO policy by far. They don't offer much in external continuuing education but the base pay is really good. The health, disability, life insurance, 401K etc benefits are excellent, so the lack of continuuing ed money is a trade off.

None. It is a great place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Select Medical