Select Portfolio Servicing

www.spservicing.com
  www.spservicing.com
There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing

A company ready to turn on a dime

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Select Portfolio Servicing

Pros

They are always looking for high performers and seem to welcome constructive criticism
Bonuses are given to people who come up with ideas to save or make the company money
They give two weeks of vacation and 9 days of PTO a year to new full-time employees, and highly encourage you to use it as long as you schedule in advance
They haven't laid people off in years and will move someone and use attrition during lean times.

Cons

It is hard to explain to people outside the industry what you do
The work can be very demanding in some areas and isn't for people who want to coast
Pay, at least for someone with my education level, is kind of low. I'm not sure what other people make though.

Because there are always new processes being created a new ways of doing things, I think some reps on the phone side are being left out of the loop on the big picture. Communication with them is key, even if it's challenging with the amount of new material.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing (View Most Recent)

Good Salary

Current Employee - Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Select Portfolio Servicing

Pros

Good Salary for the job load, the job load does not require the minimum competency but the maximum.

Cons

High Stress, high level of competence and demand. The level of stress calls for a high level of maturity. The maturity will be exposed if it is not up to par.

Keep on Keepin on. Management must not baby its new employees. The client relations department is a spring board for management into the operations.

Great learning opportunities - disappointing compensation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing

Pros

Great learning opportunities, open door policy, opportunities for career growth, friendly working environment, diversity in the workplace, people are very nice

Cons

Pay, pay, pay. Compensation for external candidates is higher than for internal candidates who are getting promoted within the company.

Overal this is a great company to work for, except for compensation issues. I would recommend employment with SPS to my friends

There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing