There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing

Become part of the Club or you will never move up with the company

Former Employee - Legal Department in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Legal Department in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I liked that it was close to my home, I loved my co-workers and the environment is satisfactory. The pay and compensation was decent.

Cons

Forced Charity, I like to choose where I send my money.. If you did not fit in with the Frat Boy club's it was next to impossible to get promoted. If they could not find a reason to keep you where you are, they would make one up.

Advice to Management

Value the hard work of your employees. Know that they have lives outside of the office and let them live those lives. It was a great place to work until SPS decreased benefits and increased expectations which were next to impossible to achieve.

Other Employee Reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing

1. Decent Job but the overall culture is lacking.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a growing company that looks to promote from within. They emphasize employee education and training and usually are good at adequately equipping their employees. Decent pay relative to the rest of the area.

Cons

Management is often relocated into different departments throughout the company. This can be good for the manager to allow them to learn, but can be rough on the teams who constantly are learning a new management style. The environment on the call center floor is very demanding, to the point that bathroom breaks are sometimes scheduled. I nevery fully felt as if upper management had my best interest in mind regarding my career path.

Advice to Management

Equip and teach managers to influence in other ways beside pure authority. Often managerial transitions started out negatively due to the new manager asserting their position rather than building rapport.

2. A company ready to turn on a dime

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

They are always looking for high performers and seem to welcome constructive criticism Bonuses are given to people who come up with ideas to save or make the company money They give two weeks of vacation and 9 days of PTO a year to new full-time employees, and highly encourage you to use it as long as you schedule in advance They haven't laid people off in years and will move someone and use attrition during lean times.

Cons

It is hard to explain to people outside the industry what you do The work can be very demanding in some areas and isn't for people who want to coast Pay, at least for someone with my education level, is kind of low. I'm not sure what other people make though.

Advice to Management

Because there are always new processes being created a new ways of doing things, I think some reps on the phone side are being left out of the loop on the big picture. Communication with them is key, even if it's challenging with the amount of new material.