Select Portfolio Servicing

There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing

Great company

Former Employee - Client Relations in South Salt Lake, UT
Former Employee - Client Relations in South Salt Lake, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company focuses on teamwork, compliance and training. They have a solid management team who understand how and when to grow the business. Planning is key, and changing their plan based on poor results is handled quickly and efficiently.

Cons

They don't do enough to grow their associates professionally, missing out on some great opportunities to build their management staff from within.

Put more focus on existing employees.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing (View Most Recent)

Become part of the Club or you will never move up with the company

Former Employee - Legal Department in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Legal Department in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I liked that it was close to my home, I loved my co-workers and the environment is satisfactory. The pay and compensation was decent.

Cons

Forced Charity, I like to choose where I send my money.. If you did not fit in with the Frat Boy club's it was next to impossible to get promoted. If they could not find a reason to keep you where you are, they would make one up.

Value the hard work of your employees. Know that they have lives outside of the office and let them live those lives. It was a great place to work until SPS decreased benefits and increased expectations which were next to impossible to achieve.

Decent Job but the overall culture is lacking.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a growing company that looks to promote from within. They emphasize employee education and training and usually are good at adequately equipping their employees. Decent pay relative to the rest of the area.

Cons

Management is often relocated into different departments throughout the company. This can be good for the manager to allow them to learn, but can be rough on the teams who constantly are learning a new management style. The environment on the call center floor is very demanding, to the point that bathroom breaks are sometimes scheduled. I nevery fully felt as if upper management had my best interest in mind regarding my career path.

Equip and teach managers to influence in other ways beside pure authority. Often managerial transitions started out negatively due to the new manager asserting their position rather than building rapport.

There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing