Select Portfolio Servicing

www.spservicing.com
  www.spservicing.com
There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing

The only thing that's consistent .. is change!

Former Employee - LSRII in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - LSRII in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. As long as you do your work they generally do not bother you much.

Cons

The difference between being on the call floor vs. doing some of the other 'back office things ie; foreclosure timelines, asset management is too much. It's like a completely different company. When you are on the phones you are treated like a child with scheduled bathroom breaks, then you get a promotion that pays more in the back office and the job is so laid back. They really should pay the phone reps more money. I was only a phone rep for a couple years of the several years I worked there and this was my experience. Have to stick up for the phone reps as they are way underpaid for the amount of pressure that's put on them to be absolutely perfect and living in fear each day that they might accidently say the wrong thing and get fired on the spot. It happened all the time when I was there. Call center- NOT fun, underpaid. Back office - decent pay, fun!

Be kinder and more patient to the call center reps. AND PAY THEM MORE! I realize it's a call center and their needs to be good structure but there is ALOT of fear going around the call center, you can feel it as soon as you walk in.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing (View Most Recent)

Great company

Former Employee - Client Relations in South Salt Lake, UT
    Former Employee - Client Relations in South Salt Lake, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company focuses on teamwork, compliance and training. They have a solid management team who understand how and when to grow the business. Planning is key, and changing their plan based on poor results is handled quickly and efficiently.

Cons

They don't do enough to grow their associates professionally, missing out on some great opportunities to build their management staff from within.

Put more focus on existing employees.

Become part of the Club or you will never move up with the company

Former Employee - Legal Department in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Legal Department in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I liked that it was close to my home, I loved my co-workers and the environment is satisfactory. The pay and compensation was decent.

Cons

Forced Charity, I like to choose where I send my money.. If you did not fit in with the Frat Boy club's it was next to impossible to get promoted. If they could not find a reason to keep you where you are, they would make one up.

Value the hard work of your employees. Know that they have lives outside of the office and let them live those lives. It was a great place to work until SPS decreased benefits and increased expectations which were next to impossible to achieve.

There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing