Select Portfolio Servicing

There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing

Decent Company

Former Employee - Customer Service in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At the time it was a great environment. I worked from 2004-2008. Changes did occur like
any other company. Lots of fun times and events held quarterly. They definitely took care of
their collections department.

Cons

Quality Assurance, monthly monitoring....nothing was ever set in stone they made up the rules as
they went along.

please outline your policies and procedures much better. thank you

39 Other Employee Reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing (View Most Recent)

The only thing that's consistent .. is change!

Former Employee - LSRII in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - LSRII in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. As long as you do your work they generally do not bother you much.

Cons

The difference between being on the call floor vs. doing some of the other 'back office things ie; foreclosure timelines, asset management is too much. It's like a completely different company. When you are on the phones you are treated like a child with scheduled bathroom breaks, then you get a promotion that pays more in the back office and the job is so laid back. They really should pay the phone reps more money. I was only a phone rep for a couple years of the several years I worked there and this was my experience. Have to stick up for the phone reps as they are way underpaid for the amount of pressure that's put on them to be absolutely perfect and living in fear each day that they might accidently say the wrong thing and get fired on the spot. It happened all the time when I was there. Call center- NOT fun, underpaid. Back office - decent pay, fun!

Be kinder and more patient to the call center reps. AND PAY THEM MORE! I realize it's a call center and their needs to be good structure but there is ALOT of fear going around the call center, you can feel it as soon as you walk in.

Great company

Former Employee - Client Relations in South Salt Lake, UT
    Former Employee - Client Relations in South Salt Lake, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company focuses on teamwork, compliance and training. They have a solid management team who understand how and when to grow the business. Planning is key, and changing their plan based on poor results is handled quickly and efficiently.

Cons

They don't do enough to grow their associates professionally, missing out on some great opportunities to build their management staff from within.

Put more focus on existing employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing