Select Portfolio Servicing
www.spservicing.com Salt Lake City, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

SPS expects a lot out the employees it has, and only applies more resources at the last minute.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
South Salt Lake, UT

ProsThe company is growing, and most of the customer-facing staff are very knowledgeable. The company is great at servicing mortgages and finding win-win situations for borrowers and investors. Lots of personality types, which keeps things interesting (sometimes just frustrating).

ConsResources aren't applied until the last minute. Everyone is so risk-adverse, that often times nothing gets done. Small tasks are expanded to the point that they become so big and unmanageable. The company uses A LOT of paper rather than rely on technology. Executive management makes external promises without checking in with parties that will do the work, and often leave the teams scrambling to meet the promises (while still having to manage their everyday work).

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees. Fix what's broken. Don't keep committing to things and expecting 60 hour weeks as a result. Listen to the experts in the company and don't intimidate/threaten them to agree with you. Make sure you have the right people in charge... Not just the ones who play the political game the best and agree with you.

The only thing that's consistent .. is change!

LSRII (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Decent pay and benefits. As long as you do your… Cons: The difference between being on the call floor vs. doing some of the other 'back office things ie; foreclosure timelines, asset management is too much.… Advice to Senior Management: Be kinder and more patient to the call center reps. AND PAY THEM MORE! I realize it's a call center and their needs to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company

Client Relations (Former Employee)
    South Salt Lake, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This company focuses on teamwork, compliance and training. They have a solid management team who understand how and when… Cons: They don't do enough to grow their associates professionally, missing out… Advice to Senior Management: Put more focus on existing employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Select Portfolio Servicing.

Worked for Select Portfolio Servicing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Select Portfolio Servicing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Select Portfolio Servicing CEO Tim O'Brien. All reviews posted anonymously by Select Portfolio Servicing employees.