Select Portfolio Servicing

www.spservicing.com
  www.spservicing.com
There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing

Goodbye SPS, Hello Fairbanks Capital.

Former Employee - Helpdesk II in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Helpdesk II in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing

Pros

You have a fairly laidback atmosphere at least from where I worked in the Information Technology field. Upper level management doesn't micromanage you, it's your colleagues who want to be in upper level management you have to worry about. If you're in good with the right Supervisor, Manager, Director or SVP, even if they're not above you, you're set.

Cons

From what I understand of the business unit, they are still good ol' Fairbanks Capital. Time and time again they still bend the FTC/FCC rules and regulations. It's only a matter of time until people speak up and they're slammed with another $40,000,000 fine.

Take a giant step back and realize that the people you are asking to work 80+ hour weeks are people. They have a word for dying from being overworked in Japan. Wouldn't it be great if that word had an English equivalent?

36 Other Employee Reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing (View Most Recent)

Stay out of trouble

I have been working at Select Portfolio Servicing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity exists and if you work hard you will be finacially rewarded. People within the company are understanding and their is a very fun atmospher.

Cons

Very fast paced environment. You must be able to effectively manage your time or you will fall behind quickly. Advancement opportunities are regarded as "what have you done for me lately". This can be good for those who recently were written up. In a few months you will be cleared and if you come up with a good idea and promotion is available you'll probably get it.

Improve communication within management.

It was a good opportunity when I needed it.

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing

Pros

Excellent leadership, good work life balance.

Cons

The direction it has gone i.e. outsourcing, benefits etc..

Put more value on your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing