Select Portfolio Servicing

Good Salary

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Select Portfolio Servicing

Pros

Good Salary for the job load, the job load does not require the minimum competency but the maximum.

Cons

High Stress, high level of competence and demand. The level of stress calls for a high level of maturity. The maturity will be exposed if it is not up to par.

Keep on Keepin on. Management must not baby its new employees. The client relations department is a spring board for management into the operations.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing (View Most Recent)

Great learning opportunities - disappointing compensation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing

Pros

Great learning opportunities, open door policy, opportunities for career growth, friendly working environment, diversity in the workplace, people are very nice

Cons

Pay, pay, pay. Compensation for external candidates is higher than for internal candidates who are getting promoted within the company.

Overal this is a great company to work for, except for compensation issues. I would recommend employment with SPS to my friends

Goodbye SPS, Hello Fairbanks Capital.

Former Employee - Helpdesk II  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Helpdesk II in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Select Portfolio Servicing

Pros

You have a fairly laidback atmosphere at least from where I worked in the Information Technology field. Upper level management doesn't micromanage you, it's your colleagues who want to be in upper level management you have to worry about. If you're in good with the right Supervisor, Manager, Director or SVP, even if they're not above you, you're set.

Cons

From what I understand of the business unit, they are still good ol' Fairbanks Capital. Time and time again they still bend the FTC/FCC rules and regulations. It's only a matter of time until people speak up and they're slammed with another $40,000,000 fine.

Take a giant step back and realize that the people you are asking to work 80+ hour weeks are people. They have a word for dying from being overworked in Japan. Wouldn't it be great if that word had an English equivalent?

There are newer employer reviews for Select Portfolio Servicing

Worked for Select Portfolio Servicing? Contribute to the Community!