Select Specialty Hospitals

There are newer employer reviews for Select Specialty Hospitals

Dedicated to performing with 100%

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

I worked at Select Specialty Hospitals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful staff, wiliness to help, PTO, Hospital offers an opportunity for many advanced care nurses to utilize their skills.

Cons

Present Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is extremely difficult to work with. Company has almost an entire new nursing staff since she was hired. CNO constantly using foul language, lies repeatedly. Many Long term staff has been terminated or has found employment elsewhere. Nurses are extremely worried about practices that may cost their license.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Select Specialty Hospitals (View Most Recent)

A Good Learning Experience

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Detroit, MI

I worked at Select Specialty Hospitals full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Select Detroit had great preceptors and charge nurses who would help whenever anyone asked. The training was fantastic; I learned a great deal about caring for patients on ventilators, critical drips, and performing wound care. Select also required RNs complete numerous online courses which I viewed as valuable training. The main reason I recommended Select Detroit is for the breadth and depth of training for new RNs.

Cons

The cons: only being able to select three days out of the month to keep as "yours," the rest of the days you had the possibility of being scheduled, A/C didn't work and regional management didn't care. One person advocated to have the A/C repaired and was subsequently dismissed. The environment was dirty and we often ran out of snacks we needed to give patients their meds. The patient-to-nurse ratios were 4:1 but should be 3:1 to assure patient safety. Sometimes this ratio was 6:1 which is dangerous for patients and nurses alike.

Don't dismiss people for advocating for patients and staff alike.

Employees regardless of their caliber of work and loyalty is worthless to Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Select Specialty Hospitals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Level of experience attained by employee.

Cons

Overload of patients to RN, CNA and RT. Mismanagement. Patients to employee ratio very unsafe. Employees with no experience or training on procedures are obliged to assist procedures. Zero assistance from leadership team when employees are overwhelmed with work.

Staff are very unhappy with this stressful environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Select Specialty Hospitals