Select Specialty Hospitals

www.selectspecialtyhospitals.com
  www.selectspecialtyhospitals.com
There are newer employer reviews for Select Specialty Hospitals

Great team environment with the right leadership team.

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Wilkes-Barre, PA
Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Select Specialty Hospitals full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility with schedule for salary employees. Ability to perform my job freely and comfortably. Great patient care and staff involvement with patients and families.

Cons

Floor staff under strict attendance policys and termination rules. Expect 1-2% yearly raises. No recognition to employees other than leadership team despite involvement.

Personal growth, tuition reimbursement poor. Employee retention should be more of a focus. Corporate should be more aware of employee satisfaction and conduct exit interviews.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Select Specialty Hospitals (View Most Recent)

Not a good Place! I quit before lack of training caused my license to be in jeopardy...STAY AWAY!!!

Current Employee - Registed Nurse in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Registed Nurse in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Select Specialty Hospitals full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Three 12 hours shift
    A very broad range of skills - work here and you can work anywhere in terms of nursing skills learned
    A couple of really quality people...and they know their stuff, no ifs and, or buts.

Cons

Poor training - exceptionally poor training. If you don't have experience, you're dead.
    Not a lot of team work. Let me use the phrase, "Nurses eat their young." This place is an advertisement for that statement
    Lot of turnover. My nursing supervisor disappeared before I even started. Talk about no investment in a hire and left to fend for yourself!
    Made to feel like an "irritant" when I asked other nurses for help.

You need a stable management staff.
    You need a check list to go over with new hires...set ups....passwords...email...required classes..
    A formal six (6) week training program with various stages to be checked off.

great work place

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapy in DeSoto, TX
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapy in DeSoto, TX

I worked at Select Specialty Hospitals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great staff with smiling faces great management always on time and on top of any issues. Not busy bodies but truly interested in staff.

Cons

Some of the challenges was keeping up with changing times. Pay was good but with cost of living creeping up and up they have to stay on top of it and make adjustments accordingly..

stay positive