There are newer employer reviews for Select Staffing

Like A Revolving Door

Former Employee - Associate/IT Consultant in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Associate/IT Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Select Staffing

Pros

I was not unfortunate enough to have spent much time in the office.
Other than time flexibility as an associate working on projects for Select, I really saw none.

Cons

These opinions only reflect on my experience with the Cleveland/Parma, Ohio location.
Poor communication of expectations of management.
Incompetent office management.
Management goals not in concert with Sales expectations.
Poor software systems and training.
Poorly trained management and office staff.
Poor knowledge of staffing market conditions (in Cleveland).
Failure to compensate associates for completed assignments.

Perhaps a long term vision is needed; in Cleveland it seemed the whole office staff was turning over twice a year. I almost believe the owners of this Company treat it as more of a tax dodge or a place to pin losses than as an actual place of business. Select opened an office in Cleveland not too long ago and are looking for at least their third sales rep, and the bulk of the office staff has departed since September; job orders go unfilled and associates like me don't get paid.

Close the place and leave us be here. Your efforts in this market are a bad joke,

88 Other Employee Reviews for Select Staffing (View Most Recent)

In Short term, great but not for the long haul.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Select Staffing

Pros

-fast response
    -great if you're looking for a short term gig
    -good pay for menial jobs/assignment

Cons

recruiters will mostly find you job that out of your career field and sometimes jobs/assignment or whatever they call it only consist from weeks or a couple of month. not much stability for you, financially wise, because they can easily tell you the next day that you been laid off which can throw you off especially if you don't have a back up job or so, but that's just how it is when it comes to staffing agencies. In addition, temp to permanent may take a long time...I guess they know how to milk the cow.

Select is a very traditional staffing company.

Former Employee - Regional Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Select Staffing

Pros

There are some very talented, progressive and committed professionals working for the company in local offices who are at the top of the staffing industry.

Cons

Select Staffing operates with as little differentiation as possible between its brands. This is a problem since the company works with candidates from manufacturing to executive level professionals in non-related industries.

One size does not fit all. Select Staffing would benefit by listening to its top producing employees to better understand the unique needs of each of its brands.

There are newer employer reviews for Select Staffing