There are newer employer reviews for SelectQuote

Not the worst, but far from the best

Former Employee - Agent in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Agent in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SelectQuote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training for new people looking to work in the industry Some good managers - Will make or break your time here complete benefits package

Cons

Some bad managers make the job harder than it is. Sink or swim, weak pay structure is constantly shrinking not a long term company to work for factory worker mentality applied to a professional environment

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Best place to work if you are trying to sell Life Insurance over the phone. Many of your "leads" are complete crap.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SelectQuote

Pros

Base Salary, leads come to you no travel.

Cons

No chance of advancement, very matrix obsessed.

Advice to Management

Stop rewarding agents that throw up crap that goes no where. Honestly, a 70 year old with heart problems isn't going to pay the premiums on a rated case.

This company is a churn and burn Operation

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego (Costa Rica)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego (Costa Rica)

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time

Pros

Great training - they train you well enough to leave and get a job anywhere. Work Life Balance is better than most because the managers refuse to work overtime, they can't enforce the agents to work overtime either. In fact, the company is well positioned to let you quit because the house will keep your commissions if you leave.

Cons

Culture, Expectation, Work Environment, Compensation. There are plenty of things about this company that lack integrity. The managers are glorified babysitters that produce nothing except heartache and grief for the agents that actually are writing business. They mistreat their employees (even after watching agents win bonuses and races, they'll find a way to make those agents feel inadequate). In the last 1 year they've had turn over of over 140 agents. The whole staff size is only 180. That's insane! Why work for a company that is either going to fire you in your first 4 months on the job (I've seen people fired in less than 1 month), or why work for a company that you're going to quit in less than a year? I'm actually embarrassed to have SelectQuote on my resume.

Advice to Management

Go back to school and take leadership courses. The work culture at SelectQuote is cancerous. Knowing what I know now - if I were offered that job, it would be DECLINED!