SelectQuote

www.selectquote.com
  www.selectquote.com
There are newer employer reviews for SelectQuote

Solid Job with good income potential.

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SelectQuote full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment. Cool co-workers. Fantastic benefits. If you are good at closing this will be an easy 100k+ job, if not you'll probably make around 70k.

Cons

Depends on your manager. Some can be really tough on you. Others will let you sink or swim. Some will help you.

33 Other Employee Reviews for SelectQuote (View Most Recent)

Work hard, get rewarded.

I worked at SelectQuote

Pros

strong values within company leadership, pay is good if your are willing to work hard and perform. good training of new employees.

Cons

work can be very monotonous s ideal for someone who is looking for a position where work is not their passion

Brutal work environment.

Former Employee - Licensed Agent in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Licensed Agent in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SelectQuote full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some cool co-workers. Income potential.

Cons

This job is only for people who are purely money motivated. 100+ calls, 5+ hours of talk time per day. Must get at least 5 people to give you their credit card to start the application per day. If not you will not receive good leads the next day/week/month. Receive reports every ten minutes on every ridiculous sales metric possible ranking how you are doing compared to everybody else. Sit next to your manager and have him listen to every word you say. I did well here and still hated nearly every day. I saw others do not so well and get intimidated and embarrassed by management in front of everyone. This place is a boileroom type atmosphere which runs on fear. The top employees are rewarded for being extremely aggressive and in some cases unethical to their customers. The day I walked out was one of the best days of my life. My current job is so much better and is actually a career. People stay here because they are scared they can't get anything better with this economy.

Stop running the company on fear and intimidation. Create a better office environment and you will see better production and have less suicidal people walking around the dark, depressing, sales floor.

There are newer employer reviews for SelectQuote