There are newer employer reviews for SelectRemedy

No real problems that I can think of.

Former Employee - QA Clerk in Saint Charles, IL
Former Employee - QA Clerk in Saint Charles, IL

I worked at SelectRemedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Temporary employment agency so there are usually a variety of different jobs you can choose from on any given day.

Cons

There are no medical benefits, dental benefits, or vacation time that I recall. There maybe have been something after a year though.

Advice to Management

none

SelectRemedy Response

Mar 6, 2015 – New Media Specialist

Thank you contributing your feedback. We wanted to let you know that our Associates are eligible for health and dental benefits. We recently rolled out all new ACA-compliant health insurance plans ... More

Other Employee Reviews for SelectRemedy

1. No clue what they're doing

I worked at SelectRemedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent base pay with a lot of bonus potential Good opportunity to get experience in staffing world People have good intentions

Cons

Corporate clearly would prefer status over advancement, they demand innovation and development but focus 100% on bottom line numbers. The sales goals in place, while attainable, are not designed for someone who has not worked in the industry before - as in definitely more geared toward people with pre existing contacts within territory. The corporate culture is lost at best. They throw an extravagant corporate party once a year that everyone talks about that is less inspiring than the book "the giver". The morals that are preached are contradicted heavily as shortly after their most recent merger the president was fired for stealing 2.7M from the company. He was the corporate official that every new official ranted and raved about his high level of integrity and sound morals. Select offers the worst commission scale in the industry, heavily loading the top 3-5 achievers with extremely large bonuses.

Advice to Management

Learn the difference between management and leadership Understand that the corporate cookie cutter model that is in place cannot survive for all markets, which is why the market share for Chicago is so low, even as the largest light industrial agency. Examine local economics and understand that a lot of the kind of accounts that corporate wants to target as a "quality account" take a longer sales cycle as they require more. To keep a sales staff on long enough to close that business. There's a reason that there hasnt been a stable sales rep in the Aurora office since 2012, I suggest that gets figured out before any other hiring decisions are made.

2. Disappointing experience, and extremely long hours for the whole staff..

Former Employee - Management in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Management in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at SelectRemedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Financial incentives are good if you've the stamina to work ongoing in a 24/7 workday environment.

Cons

Too lean in staff, little direction from management, no onboarding or formal training. Burn out in short period of time of staff. Colleagues are too busy to mentor when you need that support upon coming on board. Lots of turnover in staff with churn and burn culture.

Advice to Management

Too many webinars , no time to view them because work day is 24/7. Little interaction or training from direct supervisor. Corporate is responsive and helpful to questions.

SelectRemedy Response

Mar 6, 2015 – New Media Specialist

Thank you for your honest feedback about your experience working with SelectRemedy. We've had talented Collagues concerned about a "churn and burn" culture that drives away talent. As you may have ... More