There are newer employer reviews for Selectica

Selectica taught me how to be a top tier Business Development/Inside Sales Rep.

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Selectica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During my time with Selectica I learned a lot about Marketing, Lead Generation, Demand Generation, Sales, Business Development, Business Services, Professional Services, etc. I am thrilled to have Selectica on my resume and am forever thankful to the Rock Stars that asked me to participate in the development of their business as well as my own professional career.

Cons

Poor top level decision making made for a constant divergence in marketplace strategy and marketing messaging strategy. During my time with Selectica, I never really understood who we were as a Company. Unfortunately executive leadership churn was high casing constant consternation amongst the staff. Ultimately I got what I needed from Selectica and moved on to work in Sales at another organization and am thriving for my time spent with my team in Selectica.

Advice to Management

Upon submission of my 7 page brief/exit analysis of my time spent in Selectica I surmised that establishing realistic, well defined goals is the first step to righting the ship. The newest CEO is a great example of a true Leader with ambitious but pragmatic ideas and values. I expect only good things to come for Selectica as long as middle management can let Leadership lead!

Selectica Response

Dec 12, 2014HR/Accountant

As you correctly indicated, prior to 18 months ago the company underwent a lot of change. Since then, in the last 12 months, the leadership team has been almost totally unchanged - except that we ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Selectica has been exceptional for me and provides daily excitement in a very hot and growing market space.

Current Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Selectica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every employee can and is encouraged/empowered to be able to make a direct impact to the company both personally and professionally.

Cons

Great product, great customers, wonderfully engaged employees now just need to continue to grow with high quality resources to keep up with the pace.

Advice to Management

Keeping focus on the employees and the true key values the company has recently set forth upon.

Selectica Response

Dec 15, 2014HR/Accountant

Thanks so much for your comments. Our new Employee Council is prioritizing merging the values of Selectica and Iasta (now that we have merged the companies). Luckily, our values are so close already ... More

The Lazarus Effect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Selectica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huge opportunity for growth, ground floor opportunities now, work/life balance, Management committed to, and focused on, big picture goals, company still a size where one person can make a big difference. Good location without the stress of the city, excellent benefits.

Cons

Company growing and changing at breakneck speed, good and bad. Can be stressful, but good if you like a challenge. Location not good for some people.