Selectica

www.selectica.com
  www.selectica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Selectica

Selectica taught me how to be a top tier Business Development/Inside Sales Rep.

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Selectica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

During my time with Selectica I learned a lot about Marketing, Lead Generation, Demand Generation, Sales, Business Development, Business Services, Professional Services, etc. I am thrilled to have Selectica on my resume and am forever thankful to the Rock Stars that asked me to participate in the development of their business as well as my own professional career.

Cons

Poor top level decision making made for a constant divergence in marketplace strategy and marketing messaging strategy. During my time with Selectica, I never really understood who we were as a Company. Unfortunately executive leadership churn was high casing constant consternation amongst the staff. Ultimately I got what I needed from Selectica and moved on to work in Sales at another organization and am thriving for my time spent with my team in Selectica.

Upon submission of my 7 page brief/exit analysis of my time spent in Selectica I surmised that establishing realistic, well defined goals is the first step to righting the ship. The newest CEO is a great example of a true Leader with ambitious but pragmatic ideas and values. I expect only good things to come for Selectica as long as middle management can let Leadership lead!

33 Other Employee Reviews for Selectica (View Most Recent)

Very happy with this company and my job!!!

I have been working at Selectica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The new management team has created an environment that promotes the overall success of this company. It is very apparent that they are extremely customer focused as well as employee focused. This is the first company that I have worked for that realizes its downfalls and is taking the right measures to fix them.I feel that the people who worked here previously are now much happier and have a belief in the company that was lost with the old management. I work remotely, but spend time at the office when possible and the atmosphere is enjoyable.

Cons

With many new people come hurdles, but the management is proving their determination to fill-out the teams with great people.

Continue to make your emaployeees happy to be a part of Selectica. They are very focused on the success of the company and want to go in the direction that we are headed to make this company a household name in Contract Lifecycle Management.

Let's look to continue enhacements to the system incorporating our customers' feedback for necessities and desires.

Startup Feel in an Established Company with a Compelling Vision.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Selectica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Years ago, Selectica experienced a loss of focus under previous management, which alienated high performers. Current management has turned around the malaise. For the most part, we have the right team in place (the deadwood has been asked to go), and an excitement level around the direction of the company which I'm told hasn't been present in years. Even better, the company is generous with employees and empowers people to make decisions.

Other reviewers have been critical of the new "first time" CEO, so I'll address this also. The CEO is a culture guy, and that's what the company needed. The environment is fun, hip and the company has brought on a number of sharp people in the last 6 months. People sometimes bring pets. Snacks and drinks are abundant, and table tennis tournaments are a mainstay at all times of the day. The work environment is (almost) entirely devoid of the usual B.S. political moves you'd find in other software companies (big and small). Moreover, I get the impression that everyone I interact with on a daily basis is talented and knows what he or she is doing.

More importantly, our CEO reorganized the company around a focused cloud solution, which seems pretty smart. Existing clients have personally told me they're excited about the new focused direction of the company. Everyone I've talked to in sales is fired up and is highly confident about exceeding targets.

For reference: I'm in sales (not sales management)

Cons

There's some work to do bringing up existing accounts to current versions, and challenges around shifting to an "all cloud" company. In other words, short term growing pains, which is a good "con" to have.

Keep doing what you're doing - Keep the culture fun and loose, and keep empowering people to make decisions. Also, keep an eye on overseas expansion into europe and asia-pac.

There are newer employer reviews for Selectica