SemGroup

www.semgroupcorp.com
  www.semgroupcorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for SemGroup

Great employees with toxic leaders - stay away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at SemGroup full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits, location of offices

Cons

Uncivilized leaders in the finance/accounting areas

Treat employees like you care

4 Other Employee Reviews for SemGroup (View Most Recent)

Loved my job... before the Chapter 11.

I worked at SemGroup

Pros

I had the best managers at SemGroup. They really cared about all of the people on our team. My managers were open to suggestions and listened to what we thought would improve our position in the industry. I also liked that I had a mentor to guide me through learning the industry. We also had a great environment to work in. We had exercise facilities, food, and up-to-date technology. They also provided great on the job training. I was flown to many places to recieve training on the software and to meet others throughout the country that held my same position.

Cons

I really did not have any dislikes about working at SemGroup until they filed Chapter 11. After that, everything changed for the worse. The management was gone and replaced by bankers. I am now left without a job after a reduction in workforce. Before I was let go though, it seemed that there were not open lines of communication with upper management and the regular employee. My immediate manager was still great in trying to explain things as they came, but even he did not know what was going to happen next. I think that it was a great company that had hard circumstances. Too bad.

What happened to lead to the Chapter 11 is a sad situation. A great, innovative company was ruined by only a few.

A great, rebounding company with friendly, dedicated employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at SemGroup part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There's not a lot of office drama here in my experience. Everyone is generally friendly and willing to assist quickly with any data requests, etc. The C-suite folks are generally very approachable, and it's not unusual for either the CEO or CFO to make the rounds of the Tulsa office every couple of weeks and spend a minute or two talking to each person. SemGroup's also very involved in volunteering and fundraising for causes for a company of its size. Great safety-first mentality.

Cons

There's not necessarily a lot of opportunity for movement within the company, whether laterally or vertically.

There are newer employer reviews for SemGroup