SemGroup Corp

Former Employee - Accountant Senior  in  Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Accountant Senior in Tulsa, OK

I worked at SemGroup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I worked for SemGroup for 10 years. Yes, we had some rough times especially through bankruptcy but I feel they are a wonderful company to work for.

Cons

Management doesn't always realize the amount of work with the limited staff.

Other Reviews for SemGroup

Great employees with toxic leaders - stay away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at SemGroup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Compensation and benefits, location of offices

Cons

Uncivilized leaders in the finance/accounting areas

Treat employees like you care

Loved my job... before the Chapter 11.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at SemGroup

Pros

I had the best managers at SemGroup. They really cared about all of the people on our team. My managers were open to suggestions and listened to what we thought would improve our position in the industry. I also liked that I had a mentor to guide me through learning the industry. We also had a great environment to work in. We had exercise facilities, food, and up-to-date technology. They also provided great on the job training. I was flown to many places to recieve training on the software and to meet others throughout the country that held my same position.

Cons

I really did not have any dislikes about working at SemGroup until they filed Chapter 11. After that, everything changed for the worse. The management was gone and replaced by bankers. I am now left without a job after a reduction in workforce. Before I was let go though, it seemed that there were not open lines of communication with upper management and the regular employee. My immediate manager was still great in trying to explain things as they came, but even he did not know what was going to happen next. I think that it was a great company that had hard circumstances. Too bad.

What happened to lead to the Chapter 11 is a sad situation. A great, innovative company was ruined by only a few.

There are newer employer reviews for SemGroup.

Worked for SemGroup? Contribute to the Community!