There are newer employer reviews for SemGroup

Loved my job... before the Chapter 11.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

I had the best managers at SemGroup. They really cared about all of the people on our team. My managers were open to suggestions and listened to what we thought would improve our position in the industry. I also liked that I had a mentor to guide me through learning the industry. We also had a great environment to work in. We had exercise facilities, food, and up-to-date technology. They also provided great on the job training. I was flown to many places to recieve training on the software and to meet others throughout the country that held my same position.

Cons

I really did not have any dislikes about working at SemGroup until they filed Chapter 11. After that, everything changed for the worse. The management was gone and replaced by bankers. I am now left without a job after a reduction in workforce. Before I was let go though, it seemed that there were not open lines of communication with upper management and the regular employee. My immediate manager was still great in trying to explain things as they came, but even he did not know what was going to happen next. I think that it was a great company that had hard circumstances. Too bad.

Advice to Management

What happened to lead to the Chapter 11 is a sad situation. A great, innovative company was ruined by only a few.

Other Employee Reviews for SemGroup

1. Once a great Company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

Before the chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization it was a good company.

Cons

Now just a revolving door for employees.

Advice to Management

Quit before you drive them out of business

2. Great Culture

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at SemGroup as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is great, the leadership has changed over the past few years and provides positive growth with a high emphasis on strong culture.

Cons

High dependence on the commodity prices of oil and gas