Semantic Research

semanticresearch.com

Nice people, lovely view

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat small company environment with a lovely view, good benefits, and talented individuals. Remote working is also available for those who occasionally have to pick up/drop off the kids.

ConsRequirements gathering is difficult given the nature of the customer (government, security clearances required). This funnels down to frustrations in software development.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a direction for the product in a way that's best for the company, not just chase after what the customer wants.

Nice company, no job security

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Semantic Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - some helpful engineers - good benefits in terms of vacation,salary, health care, dental care, vision… Cons: -some engineers are arrogant, write impolite emails, talk so rude to new folks, argue a lot and never listen to other opinions. - a lot… Advice to Senior Management: - respect other opinions (some engineers get offensive when you pointed out what they need to improve) - respect the customers - encourage… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Semantic Research.

Worked for Semantic Research? Contribute to the Community!