Sempra Energy

does someone smell gas?

Former Employee - Master of Puppetts in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Master of Puppetts in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sempra Energy

Pros

The money can hardly be beaten if you are one of the chosen ones. If you are not, you will watch the rich get richer, and the poor suck off the rich at the christmas parties to get richer. If you are at the bottom and dont do "favors" you might just want to get out of there.

Cons

dirty company with dirty politics and gross mismatches in pay. the company has the personality of drywall. if you stay there more than 10 years you will likely want to off yourself for wasting so much of your life selling something you cant even see.

keep riding that wave

62 Other Employee Reviews for Sempra Energy (View Most Recent)

Good People, High Standards.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sempra Energy

Pros

Exc. benefits and in general excellent caliber of top management

Cons

Difficult to move around to new or more challenging assignments or positions.

Loosen corporate culture of maintaining strict heirachial lines of communication. Don't frown on Jr. employee of one org. within Sempra talking to manager or director of another org., as was the case during my time there. Once, IT Director reported me to my manager because I sent him an email asking a question as to best resource in his org. to get something accomplished. I was chastized for it.

Sempra, a great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sempra Energy

Pros

I have worked at Sempra Energy for four years and feel that it is a great company to work for. The best reason to work for Sempra are simply the people that work there. Everyone is smart and people work together to get the best out of one another. Another great reason to work at Sempra are the benefits that the company has to offer. Sempra gives a substantial bonus that can range between ten to twentry percent based on performance. Sempra is also one of the few companies that offers a 401k match and pension plan. The company also has great medical benefits.

Cons

Sempra is a big company so it is easy to get lost in the shuffle.

They are doing a great job

There are newer employer reviews for Sempra Energy