Sempra Energy

Great environment to grow

Current Employee - Staff Accountant I
Current Employee - Staff Accountant I

I have been working at Sempra Energy

Pros

You will have many opportunities to work in different departments and figure out which field suits you best. The company is always thinking ahead

Cons

One of the downsides of working at Sempra Energy is that it takes a good amount of time to move up the ladder.

The leadership at Sempra is very good and always has the company's best interests in mind. They treat everyone equally.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Sempra Energy (View Most Recent)

Great experience and a very good learning opportunity.

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I worked at Sempra Energy

Pros

Very friendly and family oriented environment. I really enjoyed getting a chance to work there. Really, really good benefits package and hard to find elsewhere.

Cons

Tough to make an impact and limited opportunities for growth. It was challenging at times with little opportunity to learn more about the company.

Offer more opportunities for growth. There are limited opportunities right now due to long time employees. Overall the salary is good and a great place to work.

It's a well-respected company with lots of growth opportunities.

I worked at Sempra Energy

Pros

It's a large Fortune 500 company, so there are lots of growth opportunities, especially in Accounting and Legal departments. Sempra is big into rotating management into different departments, so one can easily gain different perspectives.

Cons

Like any big company, there is a lot of bureaucracy. There are many policies and procedures by which to abide, and getting things done internally may be a process.

There are newer employer reviews for Sempra Energy