Sempra Energy

www.sempra.com

Good compensation comes at a price.

Anonymous Worker Bee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Pros-Great compensation and benefits, pension, unrivaled yearly incentive plan.
-Stable company.
-Great experience working for a large Fortune 500 company.
-Great exposure to the energy industry.
-Recommendation to a friend: take the job, put in a few solid years and then leave.

Cons-Top-heavy corporate culture that values professional martyrdom; it's more important to be seen at work "putting in the long hours" than actually getting any work done. If you're someone who likes to do their job and go home, you won't be seen as a "team player"...regardless of the fact that there's no actual work to warrant keeping you in the office.
-Cold, sterile work environment at times.
-The company is rigidly stratified. The mailroom workers will always be mailroom workers. The analysts will always be analysts. There's no career progression here, unless you're a manager. It's great if you're manager though. That said...
-Company is way too top-heavy. A lot of 'managers' here are just engineers, accountants, etc. who have been with the company a long time. They're bosses, not leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers to be effective, inspirational leaders. Recognize the accomplishments of non-managers and develop their careers.

Good place to work

Sempra (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Sempra Energy

Pros: I have been here for over 5 years in the finance… Cons: Management need to promote and provide more career opportuinies… Advice to Senior Management: Grow the company organically and provide more career growth… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work in San Diego

Human Resources (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sempra Energy

Pros: Sempra has great pay...not too much overtime and the people… Cons: Takes time to advance...promoting is definitely possible but it won't… Advice to Senior Management: No complaints with management, very happy here and I know… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sempra Energy.

Worked for Sempra Energy? Contribute to the Community!