There are newer employer reviews for Sempra Energy

Pretty much very very normal

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Corona de Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Communications Manager in Corona de Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sempra Energy

Pros

It's a cool environment, you don't work too hard and the salary is OK. Overall a good job. And the girls are hot.

Cons

The colleagues sometimes are rather mean and the environment is too conservative, therefore I don't really feel good sometimes but it's OK

Advice to Management

They should just try to be more liberal and be less Republican and understand that some employees are Democrats and proud

reviews filtered by
  1. Incompetence abound!

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sempra Energy

Pros

If you are into "slumming it" and wasting your day, this is the place for you. The pay is good, expectations are extremely low and management is clueless. A perfect place to strive for mediocrity!

Cons

Management too focused on "perception" rather than getting the job done. Innovation is strongly discouraged. Status quo is the norm. The hierarchy of Senior management doesn't allow for Peons to be in the same elevator as them. Senior management are glorified like deities. Have to get on your knees and swallow your pride among other things to get ahead. Tends to promote incompetent people rather than firing them - similar to our public school system

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees - they know more than you and have had real jobs and bring real-world expertise to an aging dinosour that claims to have integrity and embrace innovation.

2. Not bad based on what I've seen.

Former Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sempra Energy

Pros

If you live in San Diego, then this is one of the few corporations that have an HQ there.

Cons

Hard to progress as fast as if you worked for financial services/adivising/consulting and then jumped into industry.

Advice to Management

I would say that they are doing an OK job.