Sempra Energy

www.sempra.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Sempra Energy

I wish it would have been different

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sempra Energy

Pros

Some departments were wonderful and people were loyal, dedicated and worked for several years until retirement. I think that's how it is for most of Sempra and I would love to work there again, just in another department

Cons

Internal department politics played into how I felt about my experience at Sempra.

Ensure that hiring decisions are made in an environment that welcomes an outside candidate into a healthy department and into a healthy team. The new hire is empowered to use their experience and knowledge that made them qualified to work there in the first place.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Sempra Energy (View Most Recent)

Pretty much very very normal

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Corona de Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Corona de Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sempra Energy

Pros

It's a cool environment, you don't work too hard and the salary is OK. Overall a good job. And the girls are hot.

Cons

The colleagues sometimes are rather mean and the environment is too conservative, therefore I don't really feel good sometimes but it's OK

They should just try to be more liberal and be less Republican and understand that some employees are Democrats and proud

Incompetence abound!

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sempra Energy

Pros

If you are into "slumming it" and wasting your day, this is the place for you. The pay is good, expectations are extremely low and management is clueless. A perfect place to strive for mediocrity!

Cons

Management too focused on "perception" rather than getting the job done. Innovation is strongly discouraged. Status quo is the norm. The hierarchy of Senior management doesn't allow for Peons to be in the same elevator as them. Senior management are glorified like deities. Have to get on your knees and swallow your pride among other things to get ahead. Tends to promote incompetent people rather than firing them - similar to our public school system

Listen to your employees - they know more than you and have had real jobs and bring real-world expertise to an aging dinosour that claims to have integrity and embrace innovation.

There are newer employer reviews for Sempra Energy