Sempra Energy

www.sempra.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sempra Energy

I wish it would have been different

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sempra Energy

Pros

Some departments were wonderful and people were loyal, dedicated and worked for several years until retirement. I think that's how it is for most of Sempra and I would love to work there again, just in another department

Cons

Internal department politics played into how I felt about my experience at Sempra.

Ensure that hiring decisions are made in an environment that welcomes an outside candidate into a healthy department and into a healthy team. The new hire is empowered to use their experience and knowledge that made them qualified to work there in the first place.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Sempra Energy (View Most Recent)

Slow, conservative, stable company

Current Employee - Staff Accountant II in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant II in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sempra Energy

Pros

This company is great in that it is very stable. During the economic downturn there were no lay-offs and some employees actually received raises. The benefits package is also great having medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and a defined contribution pension. There is also a yearly bonus which ranges between 10 and 23 percent based on personal performance and company performance.

Cons

This company is slow to promote employees. This is compounded by the fact that most employees never leave. Many employees have been with the company for over 20 years. There are also some poor managers within the company. The culture of the company seems to assume that if a person masters an area of expertise they will make a great manager and that is often not the case.

Managers should be scroutinized more closely. If there seems to be a high turn-over rate within a department/organization there is probably a leadership problem within that organization. Also, consider soliciting ideas from younger employees in ways to improve the technology utilized by overhead personnel. Many things are done in highly inefficient ways because more senior employees are unwilling to change or are not willing to utilize newer, more productive and efficient technologies.

Pretty much very very normal

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Corona de Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Corona de Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sempra Energy

Pros

It's a cool environment, you don't work too hard and the salary is OK. Overall a good job. And the girls are hot.

Cons

The colleagues sometimes are rather mean and the environment is too conservative, therefore I don't really feel good sometimes but it's OK

They should just try to be more liberal and be less Republican and understand that some employees are Democrats and proud

There are newer employer reviews for Sempra Energy