Sempra Energy
www.sempra.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

A good place to work in San Diego

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits. Good work/life balance. Generally a happy place to work. If you are seen as being a high value employee, they will find places for you in the company - although it may not be the job you want.

ConsNot many women above manager level. Not proactive about getting rid of non-performing employees - instead just shuffles them around to different departments.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Sempra Energy - stodgy and unpredictable?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sempra Energy

Pros: the pay is good, the bonus structure makes it great. benefits… Cons: Executive management gives information to employees on a need-to-know basis. Most of the time it seems that employees do not need to… Advice to Senior Management: no advice for now. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to learn. Not a great place to advance.

San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sempra Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 1. The pay is good 2. The work is challenging (never bored) 3. Professional development is encouraged through education opportunities… Cons: 1. Very old school mentality in terms of work-life balance: a. Face time is important … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sempra Energy.

Worked for Sempra Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sempra Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sempra Energy CEO Debra Reed. All reviews posted anonymously by Sempra Energy employees.