There are newer employer reviews for Semtech

If you are a strong "doer" with high frustration-resistance this is a very interesting company

I have been working at Semtech

Pros

- lots of possibilities to make a difference
- lots of possibilities to make improvements
- interesting and challenging tasks, international cooperation
- good people to work with

Cons

- lack of systems
- poor communication, lack of knowledge of international
- lack of adherence to corporate values (not yet walking the talk)
- lack of international awareness
- too many people at all levels bow down before management and don't take a stand

Advice to Management

Start to realize that the business can only be successful with the right and MOTIVATED, employees. Think about what message you send when you communicate i.e. not just what you say, but how your audience perceives it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Network Administrator

Current Employee - Network Administrator in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Semtech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent team/IT management. Hands on and very knowledgeable to the top. Cutting edge technology including NetApp/VMware, SCCM, and other network utilities. Allows for exposure to Linux, newer versions of Notes(v9/IBM), and so on. IT team is enterprise and works very well together. Very helpful and humble. No super stars. IT management is an excellent resource for any IT issues. I can't say enough.

Cons

A lot of the engineering apps are antiquated and need upgrades. As well as some of the lab equipment and associated hardware. Always "baby sitting" this environment. However, they are soon to upgrade.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I have 25+ years IT experience, working many different management styles. This is by far a IT subordinates dream. We are not made to feel inadequate. They are quick to help to give you resources to grow. Never condescending and always positive. In my opinion this is the best model IT group all the way to the top I have ever worked with. I can't thank them enough. Other enterprise corporations can learn from these folks. Chemistry is excellent as well.

2. Not the same company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I worked at Semtech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location- Lots of parking, great people with exception of upper management. Building is nice, clean and they have free coffee

Cons

No direction from middle - Sr. Management. I have been told the culture has changed in a negative way since previous CEO left.

Advice to Management

treat employees like your family. Do not berate and treat people like they are lower class citizens.