There are newer employer reviews for Semtech

If you are a strong "doer" with high frustration-resistance this is a very interesting company

I have been working at Semtech

Pros

- lots of possibilities to make a difference
- lots of possibilities to make improvements
- interesting and challenging tasks, international cooperation
- good people to work with

Cons

- lack of systems
- poor communication, lack of knowledge of international
- lack of adherence to corporate values (not yet walking the talk)
- lack of international awareness
- too many people at all levels bow down before management and don't take a stand

Advice to Management

Start to realize that the business can only be successful with the right and MOTIVATED, employees. Think about what message you send when you communicate i.e. not just what you say, but how your audience perceives it.

reviews filtered by
  1. Network Administrator

Current Employee - Network Administrator in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Semtech part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent team/IT management. Hands on and very knowledgeable to the top. Cutting edge technology including NetApp/VMware, SCCM, and other network utilities. Allows for exposure to Linux, newer versions of Notes(v9/IBM), and so on. IT team is enterprise and works very well together. Very helpful and humble. No super stars. IT management is an excellent resource for any IT issues. I can't say enough.

Cons

A lot of the engineering apps are antiquated and need upgrades. As well as some of the lab equipment and associated hardware. Always "baby sitting" this environment. However, they are soon to upgrade.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I have 25+ years IT experience, working many different management styles. This is by far a IT subordinates dream. We are not made to feel inadequate. They are quick to help to give you resources to grow. Never condescending and always positive. In my opinion this is the best model IT group all the way to the top I have ever worked with. I can't thank them enough. Other enterprise corporations can learn from these folks. Chemistry is excellent as well.

2. Senior Buyer / Planner

Current Employee - Senior Buyer/Planner in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Buyer/Planner in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Semtech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Semtech is a fast paced cutting edge technology type of environment. Semtech is always striving to be better than their piers in the industry, great group pf people to work with.

Cons

In the quest to be a billion dollar company the little guy sometime gets over looked in his or her efforts to support the company goals.

Advice to Management

Non really. The cons says it all for me. Pay more attention to the ground troops.