There are newer employer reviews for SenSage

Will this company make it to see 2011?

I have been working at SenSage

Pros

It's a job, and it pays ok. Benefits are in line with most other jobs of this type. Large office, happy hour Fridays (once a month) and bagel Wednesdays (every week). Main SF office is 3 blocks from BART, close to a lot of places to eat and shop, etc, here in SoMA.

Cons

Management is in turmoil. The board recently replaced the CEO, and all but one of the other C-level executives left the company, most for the competition.

Job satisfaction is low. You're micromanaged. "Here is a spoon full of work, tell me when you're done so I can critique it, give you the thumbs up or down, and give you the next tiny spoon full."

Want to work with people who are smarter then you, and who can challenge you to think of things in new innovative ways? If you are, this isn't the place for you. You will not only be told what to do, but be told how to do it and how long it should take you.

There are 2 offices, one in SF and one in the south bay. The majority of the engineers set up in the south bay so they can avoid everyone else in the company and work in their bubble. It's why our products quality is severely lacking and why the entire QA team left the company.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees. Stop painting a rosy picture, telling us everything is looking positive, and then lay off almost 1/4 of the company a week later.

It's why most of the remaining employees are doing nothing, and don't respect management at all. When you hear people in the break room laughing - it's not some funny joke, we're laughing at you!

reviews filtered by

CEO micromanages and blames everyone for companies problems

I have been working at SenSage

Pros

Bright and dedicated people work at Sensage and there is a sense of team work

Cons

CEO is a micormanager who does not take input from anyone

Advice to Management

CEO needs to change (which is not probable) or he needs to go; he is ruining the company

CEO changes strategy all the time

I worked at SenSage

Pros

Good people, friendly, fun, cool

Cons

CEO lies to everypne and is mean

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO