Sendero

www.senderoconsulting.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sendero

A Company Going Places

I have been working at Sendero

Pros

- Outstanding team of people
Sendero has a real knack for recruiting talent, they attract highly qualified professionals and college recruits who are motivated and driven. The team always helps each other out, even if it's someone outside of your project there is always someone eager to give some advice and guidance based on their experiences. Everyone, especially leadership, understands the meaning of "check your title at the door" so that everyone can learn from each other and have an equal say.
- Great career growth and potential
I hope to retire from Sendero, that should say it all.
- Challenging but fun work
As a consulting firm, there are a wide variety of projects and work to be done. Your Career Advocate and other management team members will get to know you, ask what you are interested in and where you want to grow, and help provide you with the right opportunities. Interested in technology but a background in management? No worries, the team will help give you the right opportunities so that you can explore technology regardless of your background. The work is challenging, too, and Sendero likes to build their people up and provide them with stretch roles so that they can remain engaged.
- Trustworthy senior leadership who truly care
The leadership team at Sendero take a special interest in each employee, meeting with them and getting to know them. They get to know our passions and interests and follow-up with us. Upon promotion, I received hand-written cards in the mail from multiple members of our senior leadership, that was the cherry on top!
- Incredible and special culture
There is a culture committee specifically tasked with growing and nurturing the culture as the firm grows. There are quarterly meetings, monthly happy hours, a variety of athletic teams, and much more to keep everyone engaged and connected.

Cons

- Rapid growth means some growing pains
The company is really taking off and is hiring in a lot of great talent in order to accomodate client demands. This is great news but there are some growing pains associated. The good news is that leadership really listens to people's concerns and works very dilligently to address comments/concerns. They will even follow-up with you to let you know status and next steps!
- Client-driven deadlines sometimes means late/long hours
At the end of the day, you are a consultant which means the client drives your deadlines. Sometimes these deadlines, coupled with most everyone's desire to over-deliver for the client, leads to long nights. The good news is that (1) the clients are wonderful and always appreciate your hard work and (2) the company really believes in a work-life balance. If you work really hard one night, you will be encouraged to leave early later in the week, everyone is looking out for your well-being (mentally and physically).

Keep doing what you're doing, you are creating something really special. I'm honored to be a member of your team.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Sendero (View Most Recent)

Great career opportunity for both new college grads and experienced professionals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great career path with performance management process that is thorough, fair, challenging, and rewarding. Company culture is most often noted by new recruits as a selling point, but it is also a great key to our employee retention. Challenging work with great clients that expose you to multiple industries and across service lines.

Cons

The company has sustained a consistent growth pattern over the course of its history, so there are natural pain points as it relates to internal systems and processes. Management does a good job of insulating a great deal of that pain from the rest of the company. There is a high-level of engagement across the company to continuously improve the company and contribute to achieving the company's strategic objectives.

Supportive, Fun, Friendly Environment

Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is the most supportive environment I have ever experienced. One of the company's values is "shared success" and this value is truly taken to heart. I know that my boss will help me grow professionally and will advocate on my behalf. I know that my peers will take the time to give me advice or support when needed. Additionally, the local "no travel" model makes it easy to have work-life balance.

Cons

It is a small company so compensation is just okay.

There are newer employer reviews for Sendero