Sendero

www.senderoconsulting.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Sendero

Supportive environment and excellent culture--ideal for personal development

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working for Sendero is the support system. New hires are supported by peers and an internal mentoring program which focuses on long-term personal growth and development. The work environment truly is collaborative and not adversarial at all--you're not competing against your fellow associates for 'partner track' as with large firms. Sendero has a genuine commitment to its people and shared success. These values are embodied in the executive leadership of the firm who are accessible, transparent and inclusive. Finally, the firm is full of young and dynamic individuals who take an active role in shaping the future of the company.

Cons

If you want to jetset around the country for work and have expense checks larger than your paychecks, this is not the place for you. Sendero prides itself on civic engagement and establishing a local presence, meaning vast majority of work is in DFW (which is actually a draw for consultants tired of the travel).

Excellent Model--Its amazing to me how accessible and forthright the executive leadership is at Sendero. Strategic objectives are shared with even entry-level staff from day 1 and they seek to develop personal relationships with each and every one of their employees.

Jul 30, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Hello and thanks for the review! You’re correct that most of our work is located In DFW, and we agree that is a perk! Many of our consultants have lived the travel life, and we pride ourselves on the ... More

20 Other Employee Reviews for Sendero (View Most Recent)

Exceeded my expectations

Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a small firm, I didn't think I would get a chance to experience much at the client site, but to my surprise, Sendero does a great job of training it's employees to embrace the culture and use it towards satisfying the client. As an associate intern I had the chance to get really involved on the project and was given a much larger opportunity to learn and expand my skills than I would have at a bigger firm.

Cons

This can be a pro or a con, but they really prefer employees to put no more than 40 hours of work a week. I think in the future they may need to be more flexible on this. As an intern, I wanted to soak everything in, and It was hard to do that while also delivering the quality of results Sendero expects without doing overtime.

Keep doing what you are doing. I absolutely loved my experience with this company.

Jul 30, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Hello! Thank you for spending a summer with us as an intern! We hope you gained a lot of valuable experiences. We are proud to have our interns gain real consulting experience by working at client ... More

A great company that lives their values and invests in their employees and community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

Sendero Business Services is a great places to work! If you are looking for a company with people who like to work hard but have fun while doing it, then this is the place for you. The home office, located in the center of downtown Dallas, is vibrant and full of color with several painting around the office from one of their charities.

The client work is challenging and it is exciting to watch the company as it grows and expands. The senior management is invested in the success of the company and works hard to maintain the culture they set out to create. Everyone at Sendero works hard to display the five core vaules of shared succes, passion, higher reaching, integrity, and respect in their work and with each other. Futhermore, there are many ways to make a direct impact and get your voice heard.

Cons

As a growing company, Sendero don't have the ability to offer some of the benefits of a larger corporation. However, there are many opportunities to get involved on internal projects and build out a variety of skills that you would not get at a larger consulting firm. Futhermore, the interaction you get with senior management at Sendero is truley unique.

Keep doing what you are doing and living out your core values.

Jul 30, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Hi there and thanks for the feedback!
    We are delighted to hear that you’re enjoying the office; we love it too. We are also glad that you’ve experienced our core values first hand. We passionately
    ... More