Sendero

www.senderoconsulting.com
  www.senderoconsulting.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sendero

Great people, challenging work and strong core values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

Working for Sendero has been a very rewarding experience. The work is challenging and allows you to build knowledge and skills in a variety of industries and service lines. The integrity and compassion of the senior leadership team is incomparable. They are truly passionate about growing the company and individuals.

Being part of a small company has many perks - employees are able to wear many hats and participate in internal initiatives that help grow the company and establish new structures to support that growth. Every opinion counts and there are multiple avenues to ensure your voice is heard (Career Advocacy Program, culture surveys, forums with the senior leadership team, Q&A sessions at quarterly meetings, etc.).

I can personally say that the emphasis on work/life balance others have mentioned is absolutely true - and allows employees to appropriately focus on personal lives/interests, family, community, etc. while still enjoying a challenging and exciting career.

Cons

Training opportunities are minimal compared to other firms, but strategies and projects are in place to continue to develop training, identify more opportunities and fill those gaps. Compensation and benefits are lower compared to some consulting firms - however, with our locally-focused business model and current size, this is understandable. Compensation is being compared to similar firms and adjusted accordingly. All in all, no company is ever perfect but everyone at Sendero is committed to sticking to our core values in every decision we make, supporting each other, taking on new challenges and delivering great work to our clients.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Sendero (View Most Recent)

Amazing people, great culture

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sendero has proved to be the perfect place for me following my graduation. The company hires driven, intelligent and passionate people, and leadership truly cares about employees at all levels. Sendero takes employee development very seriously and has a great mentorship program in place.

Cons

Due to the fact that the company is relatively small and young, its benefits aren't as generous as some larger companies.

A GREAT company that is passionate about what it does but MORE passionate about its people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company leaders openly admit that their #1 responsibility is to THEIR people. They openly tell clients and others that they know that if they take care of their employees to the best of their ability; the clients needs and expectations will always be met. Constant opportunities to participate at all levels of the company from day 1 and in the beginning, Sendero is focused on helping you to know YOU (i.e. leadership styles, etc.) and how to leverage that to your benefit.

Cons

Small company and some of the benefits to a larger firm are not there YET. But, the only CONS would be ones where the company's values don't align with yours, in which case you would realize it isn't the right fit. The values are what make this company great and are what set it apart from the competition.

Continue to be transparent (as you already are) with regards to what the company is doing, as well as develop the future of the company the way you are focused. The Core Values drive the passion for what we do and we love them for that.

Sendero Response

Jul 30, 2014Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for the input! We will continue to be transparent and offer multiple avenues to ask questions, share ideas, or raise concerns. Transparency is important to us because we believe in and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Sendero