Seneca Family of Agencies

There are newer employer reviews for Seneca Family of Agencies

Nothing but the BEST!

Current Employee - Program Director in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Program Director in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Seneca Family of Agencies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have had the opportunity to experience several of Seneca's programs and have been amazed every time. Each program offers its own unique spin on providing children and families with the most effective services possible, but all the programs were the same in that they housed intelligent, dedicated, giving staff who strive to provide the most efficacious service possible while always giving 110%. Seneca's broad scope of services allows families and children to be served that otherwise might not have been able to as they offer many services, including, but not limited to community based services, school services, psychiatric services, residential based services, crisis stabilization services, foster care services, and kinship services. I am humbled each and every day I go to work because I am surrounded by people who have dedicated themselves to supporting and working with some of the most under-served children and families in the community and it makes me proud to be able to give back to communities I grew up in, knowing they are getting the best quality of service possible when they receive services through Seneca! Seneca is the reason I am a better clinician and administrator as I have had several opportunities to grow and advance in my career, starting off as a clinician and now being a director.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons I have for Seneca Family of Agencies. Seneca Family of Agencies is an admirable, thoughtful, amazing agency.

Please keep doing what you are doing in showing your employees that you value them.

84 Other Employee Reviews for Seneca Family of Agencies (View Most Recent)

Fabulous place to train and grow professionally while working with children and families!

Current Employee - Administrative in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Seneca Family of Agencies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Seneca's culture and values are apparent from your first day in basic training! The unconditional care approach it takes with the children/families served differentiate this agency from others. There is room for training and professional growth within the agency and the social service sector as a whole. Seneca values working together with the family and child to form stability and success in the home, school, and community environments.

Cons

As Seneca stays abreast to the many changes that occur statewide and federally in regards to mental health service delivery, this could sometimes cause quick changes in policies and procedures. Seneca could also improve upon providing mental health services in other threshold languages.

Continue to create times and spaces to have staff communicate the pros of working for Seneca and give feedback regarding the cons of working in Seneca. Increase acknowledgement of the hard work that staff members dedicate to the agency.

Fantastic Place to Grow Professionally

I have been working at Seneca Family of Agencies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Seneca is such a supportive place to work. Having now worked in multiple programs in the agency, I can say that across the board there is a strong sense of community and shared values with supervisors supporting their staff to grow professionally and develop new skills. It is wonderful to work with such a talented group of people who are all passionate about the work they do and the children and families they help every day.

Cons

The agency is constantly growing, which means there can be frequent changes and occasional growing pains.

There are newer employer reviews for Seneca Family of Agencies