There are newer employer reviews for Seneca Foods

Mechanic Job

Former Employee - Mechanic in Marion, NY
Former Employee - Mechanic in Marion, NY

I worked at Seneca Foods

Pros

i liked working at Seneca because it allowed me to further my knowledge of machinery and new technologies. I find it as a hobby to fix things and make things run right/ better. Another thing thats a plus, at least for the factory i worked at, is they are always open to new ideas on how to better the production processes.

Cons

downsides include management and ability to move up. For example, my father has worked at the can manufacturing plant for 26 years. There was a time about a year ago that a management position inside the plant was open. Instead of promoting my father, they hired someone from outside the company. This really motivates him to work hard ... At the plant i worked at, there was a buddy system that was apparent to everyone in the plant. This ticked alot of people off. Also, when an employee was told to do something but didn't want to do it, they would simply tell the supervisor to get so and so to do it. Instead of being a boss or a supervisor that u should be, these people let the employees supervise themselves.

My advice to management is to go the Marion Can manufacturing plant and ask the workers about how they feel the company is being ran. There are workers who work their tail off, and then there are a select few who do absolutely nothing. Management doesn't seem to care about the good of the company or of their workers. They are only concerned about getting their numbers and being viewed as friends to those who they are suppose to manage. I'm fresh out of college with a degree in Business Administration and i think i could do equivalent if not better work.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Seneca Foods (View Most Recent)

Great pay, no respect

Former Employee - Truck Router in Blue Earth, MN
    Former Employee - Truck Router in Blue Earth, MN

I worked at Seneca Foods

Pros

The pay is great as long as you want to work 80 hours a week. As long as you keep your mouth shut and do as you're told you'll get your check every two weeks. The people you work with are usually down-to-earth and willing to help.

Cons

Management only notices when you screw up. As long as you're doing your job, they don't care about you. Also, there's always someone to fill your spot so don't even think about complaining. If you and a coworker are having a dispute, management is likely to come down on the side of whomever is better friends with the boss.

Listen to your workers.

Overall a good company to work for and great seasonal work.

I have been working at Seneca Foods

Pros

Freindly environment, great advancement oppurtunities

Cons

Union and non union jobs and employees

There are newer employer reviews for Seneca Foods