CNA

Current Employee - CNA in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - CNA in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Senior Helpers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in your schedule, Raise after a year if you do well.

Cons

Communication between upper management is lacking. Pay is not up to the standards of other HHA agencies.

Other Employee Reviews for Senior Helpers

A unique and challenging place to work.

Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Akron, OH

I worked at Senior Helpers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

a lot of different clients, variety, different hours, worked with our schedules and what we wanted for hours

Cons

lack of communication in the admin dept, too many people in the office thinking they ran it, very two faced about policies and procedures where they were the worst people to follow their own rules

Advice to Management

communicate to your clients and employees, not just when you need to, but time to time. let your clients know ahead of time when your changing their schedules, care plan, and/ or caregivers. when a care plan is in place, go over it in detail with the family and caregivers so that everyone is on the same page.

2. Not bad, just not good.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

I have been working at Senior Helpers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the person who likes to work independently, does not need full time work, or benefits, and just wants some extra income, it's not a bad place to work. The people are nice and I think they try to do their best for the clients and employees. They really don't promise their employees more than they can deliver. I am saying this for Salem only.

Cons

They make sure you stay part time, but that is pretty clear from the beginning. Work will sort of come and go - also clear from the beginning. There are no benefits. As with all in home care, the family dynamics of a client can get complicated, so you aren't just dealing with the client and the companies expectations. Senior Helpers is a for profit franchise, so although there is good intent here in Salem, they are forced to try and balance care with making a profit. But this is a systemic problem in health care in the US, not just Senior Helpers.

Advice to Management

I really wasn't there long enough to make any intelligent remarks.