Senior Service America

www.seniorserviceamerica.org

Worst employer I've ever worked for.

(Former Employee)

ProsOkay benefits. Flexible if you get sick.

ConsFrom the USEPA web site: "The Senior Environmental Employment (SEE) Program provides an opportunity for retired and unemployed older Americans age 55 and over to share their expertise with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)."

SSAI is one of the contractors supporting the SEE program. Think of a SEE job with this company as essentially a step above volunteering and you won't be disappointed. Salaries are minimum wage or slightly above but nowhere near comparable federal salaries. The maximum wage ceiling is incredibly low. In the current job market, one could consider this a potentially exploitative situation for those 55 and up who are having difficulty finding other employment. Administrative staff at the home office make many errors so you have to watch your time sheets and pay receipts carefully. Although this program was never designed to meet essential EPA program needs, it gets used for just this purpose. Employees have little recourse through SSAI if a problem arises. Management is incompetent and not even aware of the stipulations within it's own employee handbook.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire competent managers, improve your accounting practices, pay your employees a more reasonable wage and increase your pay range, be nicer to your people, make an effort to understand and support your employees in a dispute.

Autocratic, Top-Down Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Senior Service America

Pros: Great Benefits Package, including full health benefits, matching 401k, paid… Cons: Atmosphere of distrust and secrecy; unrealistic expectations of employees; no… Advice to Senior Management: Consider employees "partners" in achieving goals and really listen to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Cowardly, Dogmatic and Authoritarian Organization

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Senior Service America full-time

Pros: Good Benefits Package, including full health benefits for HMO, 4%… Cons: Company has three grant funded programs, each are poorly managed and dwindling in funding. There is no leadership within the organization. For personal… Advice to Senior Management: Respect and listen to the pool of talent within your employees. Invest in your employees. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Senior Service America.

Worked for Senior Service America? Contribute to the Community!