Senior Whole Health

Unclaimed Profile
Add Review

Destined for Greatness

I have been working at Senior Whole Health

Pros

* work/life balance
* learn a lot about healthcare for seniors
* company has an unbelievable mission statement
* great location to work

Cons

* NO room for growth
* performance review is close to non-existence
* not enough recognition for great work

Advice to Management

Here's my advice: I think Senior Whole Health needs to work on a way to to help people advance though their career, not necessarily a title change but in their work and responsibilities. I also think to make the company run more efficiently, you need to get your high level managers to come off their high horse. The idea that you as an entry level person ABSOLUTELY can not contact a director in any way is ridiculous (even if it's not true it's definitely an unspoken rule).

What the company needs to understand is that the people who are at the bottom does the work that the people up top may understand but don't know how to do. You need to give people at the bottom more credit and create more opportunities where we can help and be a part of the decision making. Yes it's great every few months that explains what the company is doing and how we're doing but it doesn't make us feel any more important.

It's a great company because we do great things for the senior population. Yes at the end of the day the goals of a profit company is to make money but people do feel proud to work at Senior Whole Health because of what we do for the seniors. I just wished the company thought of their employees the same way as they do the people they serve.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Company with a clear mission

Current Employee - SQL Developer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - SQL Developer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Senior Whole Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SWH is an HMO for the old, the sick, and the poor. It delivers coordinated care for "dual-eligible" seniors - those who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. The people working there have a commitment to service and the plan - while small - has steadily grown.

Management is considerate of work-life balance.

There has been a lot of stability in the staff, particularly in the IT area.

There has been more teamwork in IT in the past 2 years, but there is room for improvement.

Cons

The company was started in 2004 and is just now maturing to the point of standardizing policies and procedures in the IT area. So getting the work done depends on individual 'heroes'.

Advice to Management

Improve communication, look for more opportunities for teamwork.

2. Growing company with a vision

Former Employee - Administrative in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Senior Whole Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, room to take initiative, great location and positive work life balance

Cons

Rigid management structure and lack of promotional growth opportunity.