Sentara Healthcare

www.sentara.com

I worked direct patient care as a Nursing Care Partner (basically a Nurses Aide with more training and responsibilities)

Nursing Care Partner (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsExcellent benefits: has a 403b plan versus a 401k, so you can put away about 3x more for retirement; healthcare plan is better than many of the other employers in the area.

ConsDirect patient care works on a "grid system" X# of patients requires Y# of Care Partners and Nurses, unfortunately, whoever came up with this system obviously never worked as a patient care provider because the ratio of patients to providers is too high for safe patient care.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more NCP's and Nurses, especially LPN's (an LPN gives the same level of care [except for supervisory functions] for a lower cost than an RN).

It is good place to work.

RN Med/Surg (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Sentara Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Management works with you when it comes to your schedule. Cons: Sometimes you don't know is coming thru the door. Advice to Senior Management: Keep listening to your staff in order to create and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Job satisfaction

RN (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Sentara Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: It is a great place to work. Cons: Sometimes Work is very demanding. Advice to Senior Management: Continue to listen and work with your team. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sentara Healthcare.

Worked for Sentara Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!