There are newer employer reviews for Sephora

Cast member service inside and out!

Current Employee - Cashier in Anaheim, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Sephora part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very open and encouraging environment. Training awesome from everyone, all cast members partner together to nurture you through complete training. Gratic each day you work, and education from all angles. Customers a delight as they love the happiest place on earth!

Cons

Pay low and hours low for seasonal have to work all shifts and holidays to get placement.

A more complete training at once would help piece things together and get up to speed faster. On site training out on the stage did not happen for me, and i was asked questions from clients I couldn't answer. A map of store would help, so new hires can quickly learn where all the brands are located.

612 Other Employee Reviews for Sephora (View Most Recent)

Best Job I've had thus far

Current Employee - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sephora part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is so much to learn in each world and all of the members of management and fellow co-workers are willing to share their knowledge with seasonal help, such as myself.
    Definitely all members of management are understanding and definitely practice and encourage work like balance which is definitely a positive compared to other jobs I have had.
    Best job I've had so far..and I hope to stay on board past seasonal!
    If you're willing to learn and have a passion for all aspects of beauty, this is definitely a job for you! You will never stop learning!

Cons

I don't really have any cons. I haven't experienced anything negative in my few months of working with the company.

Keep doing what you all are doing. All of my management has definitely welcomed me with open arms and are teaching me about the products! I do not have any negative comments!

Stay away from Corporate - unless you like being treated like a dog

Current Employee - Unhappy Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Unhappy Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sephora full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- 4 wks of vacation, 1 day personal holiday, 9 observed holidays during the year

- free stuff - cosmetics, skincare..etc

- free coffee

- bonus

- corporate office is easy to commute too

Cons

- beyond terrible on-boarding and training, it's basically nonexistent. They throw EVERYTHING at you before you learn how to do anything. The managers are too busy to train so they make the individual contributors train the new people and most of them suck at training.

- most people at corporate at miserable; morale is the low, everyone hates it.

- management doesn't care to make improvements. They just accept that people don't like their jobs is just status quo rather than trying to find out WHY people hate it.

- people are quick to blame you for anything and everything, there's no collaboration on how to make it better.

- merchandising and inventory management have the HIGHEST tunover rate. The average tenure is about 2 years, which is really bad. It says something about how those areas are run.

- there's too much work and not enough people to do it. They just keep piling more work and have unrealistic deadlines.

- company doesn't promote within. Often people from outside the company are brought in for positions instead of promoting people.

- ineffective ways of doing things, people don't know how to communicate. There are often "fights" going on over email. Who does that?? Get up and talk to the person instead of cowardly typing an email.

- to many meetings, because people don't know how to communicate effectively.

- the expectation is that you walk into the company knowing how to work the systems, knowing the lingo, basically you should know how to do your job before you even start....completely ABSURD!!

- no work/life balance. Even if you're sick, you're expected to work...so idiotic.

- most people are rude, short-tempered, quick to blame, unrealistic with deadlines and
    expectations, uncooperative, can't communicate effectively........the list goes on.

Get new management. The people currently in place can't fix what is broken, it's over their heads. My advice to the CEO is to find people who can run a successful business with happy employees, who want to be there.

There are newer employer reviews for Sephora