Best Job I've had thus far

Current Employee - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Cashier in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sephora part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is so much to learn in each world and all of the members of management and fellow co-workers are willing to share their knowledge with seasonal help, such as myself. Definitely all members of management are understanding and definitely practice and encourage work like balance which is definitely a positive compared to other jobs I have had. Best job I've had so far..and I hope to stay on board past seasonal! If you're willing to learn and have a passion for all aspects of beauty, this is definitely a job for you! You will never stop learning!

Cons

I don't really have any cons. I haven't experienced anything negative in my few months of working with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you all are doing. All of my management has definitely welcomed me with open arms and are teaching me about the products! I do not have any negative comments!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Cast member service inside and out!

Current Employee - Cashier in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Sephora part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very open and encouraging environment. Training awesome from everyone, all cast members partner together to nurture you through complete training. Gratic each day you work, and education from all angles. Customers a delight as they love the happiest place on earth!

Cons

Pay low and hours low for seasonal have to work all shifts and holidays to get placement.

Advice to Management

A more complete training at once would help piece things together and get up to speed faster. On site training out on the stage did not happen for me, and i was asked questions from clients I couldn't answer. A map of store would help, so new hires can quickly learn where all the brands are located.

Frustrating, immature environment.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brea, CA

I worked at Sephora part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

20% discount. 40% on Sephora brand. 401k.

Cons

No benefits unless you've worked there for eternity. Petty coworkers. Gossip-y. Not flexible with your schedule NO work/life balance. Terrible pay.

Advice to Management

You're not a child. Grow up, work with your employees. Coach and mentor them. Don't fuel the fire of the petty gossipy work environment. As far as customers: Stop treating every customer like a criminal when they walk in the door. No, not EVERY customer is out to steal from you.