There are newer employer reviews for Sephora

Wonderful work environment, fast paces, and FUN!

Former Employee - Color Consultant in Aurora, CO
Former Employee - Color Consultant in Aurora, CO

I worked at Sephora part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, you get to play with makeup all day, paid quite well, the gratis was a very nice plus, was able to take home samples of whatever I pleased-REALLY helped with finding the right products for clients and explaining the feel, effects, etc.

Cons

Inconsistent hours is really the only "con" and I didn't even have a huge problem with that

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great people, fun place to work

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Sephora (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at this location. Everyone is nice and friendly and always willing to help when you have a question which I think is important as a seasonal associate. They offer great working flexibility based on your availability. Surprisingly, have not had a bad experience yet given it's the busiest shopping time of the year.

Cons

The only issue which i don't think is a big deal is we haven't received any of the uniforms. We were told they were experiencing backlog with uniforms but haven't heard any update. With the busy shopping season ahead and being a seasonal associate I'm sure the company and store has other areas that require their more immediate attention and focus.

a company without a conscience

Former Employee - Lead in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Lead in Troy, MI

I worked at Sephora full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They had a wonderful education team at one time, and you learn a lot about make up application and skincare

Cons

They couldn't care less about their employees. All that matters to the company is maximizing profit, at whatever cost to their people. The "values" they speak so highly of mean nothing to them, and are nothing more than a pretty poster on the back room door.

Advice to Management

If you hire only people that work for less money, and "push out" the employees that were making *too much* money, you will end up with poor customer service, and unhappy customers. You get what you pay for.