Energetic and fun!

I worked at Sephora

Pros

Every employee maintained a great attitude and kept the store in a positive retail environment.

Cons

Hours can sometimes get reduced

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Sephora has a unique approach to reeling in new employees, but failure to invest in them further is very disappointing.

Former Employee - Education Lead
    Former Employee - Education Lead

I worked at Sephora full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment of a store can be fun, having worked at multiple, they are all different The gratis is a plus and a great way to experience the plethora of products that Sephora houses. The ability to network with brands is a great way to introduce yourself and possibly seek an alternate avenue if given the opportunity. If the position entails traveling, this is a great experience to see how Sephora is spreading the standard of beauty industry and its services.

Cons

Sephora likes to be innovative. They have created a very unique and relatable way for clients to express their shopping experiences, and with what I have noticed, all members of management, even consultants, take great pride in that. However, I think that they take on way too much and it overlaps what should be focused on. Education lead...PBA...POS mobile...Sephora, you might be an engineer for presenting many opportunities, but you lose focus due to too many introductions.

Advice to Management

Directed to Store Directors and higher: you need to be more invested in the people that work for you. That means when you come to visit your stores, you need to know the associates that generate a profitable, reputable, and successful store. The Store Directors might help keep things orderly, but the leg work is hardly recognized. We don't find an incentive to send you on vacation really rewarding.

2. Sephora- Seasonal to Cast Member

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Sephora part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Sephora culture makes it easier to gauge correct behavior.

Cons

The promise of education and advancement may be overstated.

Advice to Management

I worry because I see that middle management in the store appears to lack balance in their lives. This is not an issue that I have witnessed in only store location. Their stress has an effect on other cast members and clients.