Sephora

www.sephora.com

FUN!!

Current Employee - Color Consultant  in  Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Color Consultant in Burlington, MA

Pros

Gratis, Making Bonus, learning about new products, being the first to try new products, making people feel better about themselves!

Cons

Some clients have bad days, and take it out on us. :/ thats about it.

Other reviews for Sephora

Fun place to work

Pros

-The people there are great. Friendly and energetic. Truly love their job.
    -nice bonuses

Cons

There was not much room for advancements, or many it could have been just that location.

No experience increases your chance of promotions.

Current Employee - Color Consultant  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Color Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Gratis and company provided uniforms

Cons

In our store cast members with no management experience are promoted over highly qualified older cast members. Store directors leave every year , forcing cast to adjust to new personalities. Too many people get promoted based on friendships with those in charge. Leads are not allowed to be on Facebook or interact with cast outside the store. Clients want help from someone other than a cute 20 year old.

Clients in our store seek out 40 and older cast to help them with makeup and skin concerns. Our store keeps hiring 20 year olds and you will sell so much more if you diversify ages of cast. Dr. Phil says it best" past behavior is an indication of future behavior" Based on our store I would suggest looking at the hidden gems that you already employ---- if they had a past success why not let them be a lead, a Specialist or Director? Instead you constantly recruit and walk the mall looking for some secret weapon. Don't randomly elevate cast when all cast is not given a chance to try one shift as DIC,etc. No rhyme nor reason on how people move up in your company.

There are newer employer reviews for Sephora.

Worked for Sephora? Contribute to the Community!