Sequel Youth & Family

www.sequelyouthservices.com
Unclaimed Profile

Worst company ever

I worked at Sequel Youth & Family full-time

Pros

some of the students were very nice and some of the staff. I felt sorry for most of them. Stuck in this kind of backwoods run down shack with no true direction.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not even enough Indians. The corporate staff think they rule over each location, then the location directors think they rule over corporate. Was told contradicting things to do and I was caught in middle then blamed for it. It is a paperwork nightmare. They are stuck in the 50's with their paperwork anD process. Actually there was no process...I literally ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. I was treated like a secretary when I was the ONLY Degreed Human Resources manager. No one wanted to listen about organizing and wanted to do their own thing. The "records room" was a disaster with mice infestation. The children were treated poorly and was many outbreaks of bedbugs. Disgusting! lease don't work here or send your child here.

Advice to Management

Revamp the small locations and shut them down or start with brand new staff that have the experience, knowledge an education to run a facility. Train everyone with same process concept.

Other Employee Reviews for Sequel Youth & Family

1. Improvement

Current Employee - Case Manager/Life Coach in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Case Manager/Life Coach in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Sequel Youth & Family full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, no micromanagement, weekends off, 8-5 monday through friday

Cons

no clear direction from management, low salary, no advancement opportunities, on clear duties for employees

Advice to Management

give direction to staff and offer advancement opportunities, pay raises, outline duties and follow them, and better communication.

2. Terrible.

Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Des Plaines, IL

Pros

Meaningful work, helping those with significant need.

Cons

Terrible self-serving management with no integrity.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect, work to retain valuable employees, don't just pay lip service to supposed standards of professional conduct.