Sequel Youth & Family

www.sequelyouthservices.com
  www.sequelyouthservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sequel Youth & Family

Poor management, lack of communication, and disorganization.

Former Employee - Youth Counselor  in  Kalamazoo, MI
Former Employee - Youth Counselor in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Sequel Youth & Family full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best thing about working here was being able to help the youth and good pay. Plus there was always a way to receive OT hours which bumped your check up.

Cons

You don't get treated very well or appreciated as an employee by the company or the co workers. The organization structure was a bit confusing. It was always a missing puzzle piece when it came down to it.

The upper management doesn't do a good job communicating things down to the rest of the group.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Sequel Youth & Family (View Most Recent)

Sequel Transitional Academy In Violation of Constitutional Rights

I have been working at Sequel Youth & Family

Pros

To enhance the lives of others. To help others.

Cons

Staff is immature and unprofessional. Staff and workers are in violation of the human rights and the constitutional rights of the people on DOC whom they are supposed to be helping.

Get out of South Dakota.

Rewarding job personally, but the company doesn't care

Current Employee - Youth Care Worker  in  Owens Cross Roads, AL
    Current Employee - Youth Care Worker in Owens Cross Roads, AL

I have been working at Sequel Youth & Family full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with and changing the lives of underprivileged troubled teens.

Cons

Bad Pay, immature staff, immature management.

Value your employees to maintain staff. Value the ones even more who choose to stay, Especially those who put in extra hours to cover when staffing is low. Night shift should have differential pay, and there should be pay raises. Most people here who have been here more than a year has not seen any raise in pay. There are people who have been making the same wage for years. Some of the new hires are getting paid than some of the supervisors. There is no consistency in the program, and the residents are not getting what they need. Most staff members have at least a bachelors. And they pay us 9.50 an hour. Most of us start off with the promise of better pay with time. Then you get hooked in to the job, because you care about the residents and want to help them. We are all in this business to help others, and all of us have big hearts for these kids. We sacrifice for the residents, and company, but get nothing in return. The management is horrible, and head admin is clueless.

There are newer employer reviews for Sequel Youth & Family

Worked for Sequel Youth & Family? Contribute to the Community!