Sequoia Benefits

www.sequoia.com/about/contact
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Sequoia Benefits

EE Benefits, 401(k), Risk Management and HR Services Firm with top notch EEs who deliver for clients and each other.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Benefits full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros – Growth, growth, growth. Company is expanding. Greg Golub is a visionary who has taken the insurance brokerage model and classed it up... provides top tier sales and relationship consultants who deliver on promises. Sequoia is very selective in hiring and high-touch/consultative in their approach to benefits, 401(k) and risk management (p&c) brokering. Strong client value-add with their advanced "MY BENEFITS" iphone and android apps. Sequoia has a very impressive client list -- I get to work with some of the best tech companies in the Bay Area. CEO is very generous to EEs... Entrepreneurial culture.

Cons

Cons – Hiring process can be long -- you meet with a lot of people before a decision is made. They are outgrowing their office space and infrastructure. The latter, I presume, is why they're bringing on a COO. CEO is heavily involved in all aspects of the business - not necessarily a negative but it can slow progress and may impede future growth.

Advice to Management

Improve vacation time and grow staff so current staff isn't burned out.

reviews filtered by

Great Company to work for!

Current Employee - Client Service Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Client Service Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Benefits

Pros

This is a great company to work for. Everyone works really hard and everyone works together. The constant teamwork is one of the best parts of the company.

If you work hard and are a team player, you will be recognized by the whole company!

Cons

I do not see any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep going with what you are doing! There are great things coming for Sequoia because of your commitment to your employees and client.

Love being part of this team!

I have been working at Sequoia Benefits full-time

Pros

We do work hard here and sometimes I work more than I'd like, but I get to work with such great people that it doesn't feel like work, and every day we are helping people. There is great team unity and I think most of us feel a sense of accomplishment. There's no lack of high fives either.

Cons

We have a lot of clients and sometimes it's challenging keeping up. But management is focused on hiring great people who can help.

Advice to Management

I believe in the management team but they should always strive to improve.