Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Benefits full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for many companies in the past, including some big names, but none were like Sequoia. At Sequoia I found a great corporate culture that produces a friendly work environment full of positive energy. This is a closely knit team, in a stimulating and fast growing company.

Cons

I don't think there are any major cons to be reported

Other Employee Reviews for Sequoia Benefits

Great people making a difference in the lives of our clients!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Benefits full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sequoia provides great career opportunities for employees. If you are committed to coming through for your clients and your team, you will be rewarded. You have the opportunity to work on special projects, and if you have new ideas or ways to improve processes, you can certainly shine. Sequoia promotes from within and rewards employees for their committment, loyalty and innovation. It is also a family-friendly work place and Sequoia recognizes the importance of spending time with family outside of the office. They also sponsor a lot of cool activities for employees and their family, like anniversary celebrations, charity runs, and "Bring Your Child To Work Day". It has been a great experience for me and I am very happy to be a part of such an amazing team.

Cons

We move at a very fast pace and things can change very quickly. There is definately an opportunity to streamline processes to make us all more efficient. The good news is that the Leadership team recognizes this and they are investing in ways to make us more efficient through systems and technology.

Advice to Management

Continue to refine and improve the recruiting process so we can add more awesome people to the team and provide support to the current team.

Things are not what they seem

Current Employee - Client Services in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia Benefits full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with some very exciting and innovating companies in the Silicon Valley

Cons

-Boiler room atmosphere -The CEO runs the company based on fear -There is no transparency within the company -There is a constant exodus of employees leaving

Advice to Management

Please stay true to your word and treat your employees as your clients feel they are serviced. There is no transparency within the organization and decisions are made based on feelings with no warning in advance. Its a very unfortunate situation and I hope for the sake of the employees this changes. It is not an environment that encourages innovation.