Serco Group

www.serco.com
  www.serco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Serco Group

Under the USPS contract, the personnel seem to be 'forgotten" - Management does not have the qualifications to lead.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Merrifield, VA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Merrifield, VA

I have been working at Serco Group

Pros

On the Postal contract, one deals mostly with USPS management (your customer). The customer will support you, but no resources to advance.

Cons

There is virtually no support fom SERCO, as it comes to raises or bonuses or promotions or even approval for company provided professional development courses.

Provide management with proper training, define the proper organization structure, assign management with the responsibility and WITH THE AUTHORITY, do not give the excuse that it is the "Postal Management Fault" for the lack of opportunities.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Serco Group (View Most Recent)

SI International was an abysmal place to work

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in McLean, VA

I worked at Serco Group

Pros

I can't really think of too many pros when it comes to SI International. They were fairly flexible when it came to time off.

Cons

They gave standard raises across the board no matter what your performance was and were about nothing other than the bottom line so they could sell the company. They had poor health care benefits that were extremely expensive for a single person. I believe I paid 150 per check and we were paid bi-weekly.

Stop being so cheap. Your frugality makes it hard for employees to take pride in their jobs and company. Everyone would be better served with appropriate compensation

Just so-so company. You may not want to work for the rest of your life unless you are about to retire.

Former Employee - Principal Network Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Principal Network Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Serco Group

Pros

They applied DoD clearance for me.
    The pay is a little above average in the region. (if they are prime on that program)
    The benefits are on par with others in the similar size.

Cons

SI is losing a lot of their contracts in a lot of places since SERCO bought them. (or a little earlier before that)
    So, don't expect you will land on another contact with them if your contract is ending. (sometime prematurely)

Keep the balance between benefits of investors and employees. Your main asset is human capitals and you have to make those assets more valuable to keep the business for long run.
    Don't just look on earnings and bottom line. Have to think for long term.

There are newer employer reviews for Serco Group