Extraordinarily unsatisfying

I have been working at Serco, Inc.

Pros

One of the biggest benefits of this position is that it is military spouse friendly. They will work to try and place you at a different military installation when you PCS.

Cons

I have a hunch that Serco is not military spouse friendly because they support the military family. One has a huge hunch that Serco is military spouse friendly because many military spouses get desperate for jobs with all of our moving, they don't have to pay us health benefits, and they can offer a ridiculously low salary knowing that many spouses will still take it. 30k for a job that requires a masters degree with little to no advancement is not going to retain good talent. Every year it seems Serco needs to compete for the government contract. This year they won the contract again and sent out an email congratulating all the staff for all the hard work we have done in helping them win the contract. Several days later they turned around and slashed half the staffs pay and laid several employees off. This is a company that has had to be audited by the government more than once for failing to pay their employees fair wages. I wouldn't work for ACAP unless I was incredibly desperate for employment - and then I'd take what they can give you and split once you find something that will offer you more advancement and career opportunities.

Advice to Management

Our direct management has always been fantastic, but the program directors are totally out of touch with how things actually work in the field.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A company doing good things

I have been working at Serco, Inc.

Pros

very considerate staff & senior management.

Cons

salaries are not acceptable in relation to education requirements

Not happy with Serco at all!!!

I have been working at Serco, Inc.

Pros

Flexibility is good, and local managment is AWESOME!!!

Cons

Bad mgmt & salaries. Longevity doesn't count. No raises, bonuses, praises on good work. New contract, salaries cut, people cut.

Advice to Management

Start treating employees right and you might not have high turnover.